wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] Client requirements

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] Client requirements

  • From: Xiaotao Wu <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] Client requirements
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:29:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Rork, Joseph (J.P.) wrote:

> One topic that we didn't get a chance to talk about on yesterday's call
> was the additional items that need to be appended to the current client
> requirements documents. (push-to-talk, iLBC, etc) I'm looking for

For iLBC requirement, I think it will be just one line to mention the
clients SHOULD support iLBC codec. Should we by default use iLBC?

For push-to-talk, is that for conference? It should be part of the
conference floor control, but I don't think the IETF floor control draft
has been settled. Should we wait?
For SIP based conference floor control, see the message posted by Jonathan
Rosenberg
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg06630.html
it's not yet defined in sipping conferencing framework.
There is a binary floor control by Gonzalo
http://standards.ericsson.net/gonzalo/papers/draft-camarillo-xcon-bfcp-00.txt
Still in -00 draft stage, we'd better wait till it's more stable.

-Xiaotao

> someone that is interested in being the shepard of that document. The
> obvious people that could be owners would be Xiaotao and/or Jamey, but
> it may offer the opportunity to someone else in the group to become
> intimately involved with the technology. Any takers?
>
> Begging the question, what is the group's feeling about the likelihood
> that we recruit more clients to play with this group? Rumors from last
> meeting was that Session would be adding some of this added
> functionality, and of course we have sipc, but are there any more? Is
> the work product being created here with the client requirement
> documentation useful?
>
> Regards,
> Joseph Rork
> Associate Architect
> Next Generation Collaborative Computing, SIE
> Ford Motor Company
> Phone: 313-594-6672
> Email:
>
> "There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary,
> and those who don't."

  • Client requirements, Rork, Joseph (J.P.), 06/25/2004
    • Re: [wg-pic] Client requirements, Xiaotao Wu, 06/30/2004