wg-multicast - Re: [MBONED] BCP 229, RFC 8815 on Deprecating Any-Source Multicast (ASM) for Interdomain Multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: [MBONED] BCP 229, RFC 8815 on Deprecating Any-Source Multicast (ASM) for Interdomain Multicast

  • From: Michael Lambert <>
  • To: NTAC <>
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: [MBONED] BCP 229, RFC 8815 on Deprecating Any-Source Multicast (ASM) for Interdomain Multicast
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 10:31:13 -0400
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mailer1.psc.edu 07SEVJgv000602

What I would suggest is to resurrect the mulitcast working group with
the specific charge of producing a recommendation for one of David's
possibilities (or perhaps failing to reach a consensus and falling back
on apathy and attrition).

I can't argue with David's sense that we'll head for option 4, but I'd
like to at least see us try to work towards one of the other options.

Frank? Dale?

Michael