wg-multicast - Re: 239.192.83.80?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: 239.192.83.80?

  • From: Jeffry Handal <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: 239.192.83.80?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 17:17:55 -0500

Alan,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing that but am getting nowhere. I suspect the same thing, but was hoping someone on this group could shorten my search time...

I will keep digging. Regards,

Jeffry J.Handal, SMIEEE, MSEE, PE
Manager, Network Engineering and Architecture
Univeristy Networking and Infrastructure
Louisiana State University
Office: (225)578-1966
Fax: (225)578-6400

On 8/5/2013 17:07,

wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to find clues as to what this multicast group is
239.192.83.80. Any ideas? Thoughts? I am seeing it everywhere on my
campus with no apparent source.
use the IGMP/PIM tools of your routers/switches to find participating members
of the groups...and then you can go to those systems and find the program/tool
concerned. theres quite a few docs where that group is mentioned but with
no further info. i suspect some non-malware distribution system/mechanism in
an OS or common tool....I am indeed interested myself :-)

alan