wg-multicast - Re: Texas A&M Multicast RE-TEST and NOAA streams

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Texas A&M Multicast RE-TEST and NOAA streams

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: Joe St Sauver <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Texas A&M Multicast RE-TEST and NOAA streams
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:37:12 -0400

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:50:27AM -0700, Joe St Sauver wrote:
> Looking at this thread, sure seems a shame that we don't have an
> Internet2 Multicast Beacon project (or maybe we do -- I've long
> since lost track of everything that's going on out there :-))

We used to, a long time ago, run out of NLANR DAST. Which doesn't exist any
more, so for a while the ANL folks were running a beacon out of their GLOP
space, IIRC, but that's gone too. There has been a v6 multicast beacon but
it's dependent on the "Global RP" run by Renater, and I don't think it's
really meaningful. The last time I tried to fire up the software it appeared
that my host was screwing up the other beacons so I gave up on it. . .

Bill.