wg-multicast - BCP for best placement of RP's

Subject: All things related to multicast

BCP for best placement of RP's

  • From: Laura Kristoff <>
  • To:
  • Subject: BCP for best placement of RP's
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 10:17:42 -0600

Wondering if anyone has any advice on the best place to
locate RP's. We are currently using our core routers but
are considering moving them to our route reflectors. We
are using anycast RP for both locally scoped groups and
global groups but different routers for local vs global.

The SPT seems to get built pretty quickly so not sure
what requirements we need beyond MSDP (for anycast RP)
and PIM and some amount of CPU.

--Laura

--
Laura Kristoff