wg-multicast - Re: Lot of receive problems in AG beacon

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Lot of receive problems in AG beacon

  • From: Pekka Savola <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Lot of receive problems in AG beacon
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:39:28 +0200 (EET)

Let me bring this up again. The AG beacon is not really very useful right now, but actually quite few of the problems there are actual problems.

Let's take for example *.edu.au sites. Very few of them are seen by R&E sites on Internet2 and GEANT.

If you examine source 129.78.221.17 for example, on the I2 core router proxy in SEAT gives the following MSDP SA rejects. Ok, quite a few of these are rejects due to MSDP RPF mechanism, but there should still be at least one accept:

show msdp sa source 129.78.221.17
Group address Source address Peer address Originator Flags
233.4.200.18 129.78.221.17 134.55.3.6 129.78.255.8 Reject
137.164.26.141 129.78.255.8 Reject
138.18.12.237 129.78.255.8 Reject
207.231.240.2 129.78.255.8 Reject
207.231.240.21 129.78.255.8 Reject
207.231.241.149 129.78.255.8 Reject
210.7.36.193 129.78.255.8 Reject
210.7.36.194 129.78.255.8 Reject

Maybe someone with better knowledge of AU - I2 multicast interconnection could take a look at this ?

[1] http://routerproxy.grnoc.iu.edu/internet2/