wg-multicast - Re: Lot of receive problems in AG beacon

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Lot of receive problems in AG beacon

  • From: Havard Eidnes <>
  • To:
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: Lot of receive problems in AG beacon
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 02:13:00 +0100 (CET)

Hmm,

looks like I'll have to retract at least parts of what I said -- there
were apparently additional preconditions for the particular problem we
observed which caused point 3) in the "peer rpf forwarding rules" to
not apply in our case, but which would apply for direct physical
external neigbors. In our case, until we fixed it so that point 4)
worked properly, the SA messages would be rejected as failing the RPF
check.

OK, but we still have no explanation why all the candidate MSDP SA
messages related to 129.78.221.17 / 233.4.200.18 were rejected.

Ah, the MSDP session between Internet2 and AARNet appears to be down
(if I read the router proxy output correctly), and has been for quite
some time (from the Los Angeles router):

207.231.241.4 207.231.241.131 Listen 34w2d13h ITN 0/0

...and all the other paths where the MSDP SA messages arrive via are
most probably correctly rejected due to MSDP's RPF rules. I'd guess
"get AARNet to configure their end of the MSDP setup" would probably
fix this particular issue.

Regards,

- HÃ¥vard (hoping I won't have to retract this one too... :)