wg-multicast - Re: Joint Techs Multicast Streams

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Joint Techs Multicast Streams

  • From: Laura Kristoff <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Joint Techs Multicast Streams
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:57:11 -0600

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 10:32:32AM -0600, Ben Fineman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're currently sending multicast streams from Internet2/ESCC Joint
> Techs Workshop in College Station, TX. There are three multicast
> streams:
>
> HD MPEG2 (25 Mbps)
> 233.45.17.248:4444
>
> SD MPEG2 (6 Mbps)
> 233.45.17.245:4444
>
> DVTS (SD) (30 Mbps)
> 233.45.17.247:8000

At Northwestern University we are not able to view it. We seem to be
joining a session sourced from 207.75.165.77 but aren't getting any
actual data from this session. We also have a msdp announcement
from one of our private peerings from a source of 128.194.0.44 ..
that was is being rejected because the RPF check fails. Is the latter
the correct source?

--Laura

--
Laura Kristoff