wg-multicast - Re: Joint Techs Multicast Streams

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Joint Techs Multicast Streams

  • From: "Gurcharan S. Khanna" <>
  • To: Peter Gutierrez <>
  • Cc: Ben Fineman <>,
  • Subject: Re: Joint Techs Multicast Streams
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 12:36:26 -0500

all,

yes, that worked for me too for this stream.

but it doesn't seem to be working for me for the Seattle stream (233.0.73.26/1234).

-gurcharan

Peter Gutierrez wrote:
Ben Fineman wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback thus far. I've had anecdotal experiences where
in VLC 9, you have to manually change it from UDP to RTP in the MRL.
That is, the MRL that works for me in VLC 9 is rtp://@233.45.17.248:4444

That appears to have worked for me. I was having the problem with HD and
vlc 9 this morning, but changing to rtp worked.

PeterG

--
-------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor, Ph.D. Program
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
http://people.rit.edu/gskpop

Founding Director, Interactive Collaboration Environments Laboratory
Center for Advancing the Study of Cyberinfrastructure
http://icelab.rit.edu
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
IT Collaboratory Bldg. 17, Room 3119
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504 ~ Cell: 585-451-8370
Email: