wg-multicast - RE: Script to Count Clients Watching Multicast MPEG2 Stream

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Script to Count Clients Watching Multicast MPEG2 Stream

  • From: pavan_kurapati <>
  • To: Alan Crosswell <>, "Julian Y. Koh" <>
  • Cc: "<>" <>
  • Subject: RE: Script to Count Clients Watching Multicast MPEG2 Stream
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:38:48 +0530
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

For igmp v2, some devices implement a feature called "Fast Leave". This will
make the router/switch to track each host in the subnet which joins a given
stream and will be able to remove the membership if the last member leaves
(instead of waiting for the timeout of group specific query).

Regards,
Pavan