wg-multicast - Re: DVMRP tunnel experiments

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: DVMRP tunnel experiments

  • From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
  • To:
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: DVMRP tunnel experiments
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:27:05 +0900 (JST)

> I believe PIMD also supports PIM-SM. Let me know when you're ready to
> turn up a tunnel.

I don't recommend either pimd or pimdd. They are quite old and
the code maintenance was finished.
I may recommend to use xorp to enable PIM-SM (http://www.xorp.org).

Comments for kernel to support PIM.
At first, please check sys/netinet/ip_mroute.c. If your ip_mroute.c
includes the comment on its top, such as "PIM-SMv2 and PIM-DM
support", then your kernel would be ready for enabling PIM. (I've
checked the OpenBSD site now and the current release version, 4.4,
supports PIM.)
If it's okay, then please check your kernel configuration if it
enables multicast routing.

Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda