wg-multicast - Re: ssmping looking glass

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: ssmping looking glass

  • From:
  • To: macbroadcast <>
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: ssmping looking glass
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 17:58:56 +0000

Hi,

> so after i "make" ssmping/ lg , i just need to put the files in my
> cgi-bin directory

much easier than that. you make ssmping, put it whereever you want,
extract the LG files - stick them in a web accessible and CGI-runnable
location, configure your web server to serve up the PERL script if anyone
goes to eg the /lg/ directory and edit the PERL file to call smmping
and friends from the right place.

I've stuck the LG onto one of our servers (its only IPv4 multicast
capable right now - so I've edited the PERL a little to remove the
IPv6 option and add a note to the web page) but I'm facing an
issue with the ACLs for the segment of network its on....it cant
ssmping to the world - i need to check the multicast groups
etc that segment is allowed to talk to world-wise (ssmping
to other hosts on other routed networks across other ACLs works
fine)

alan