wg-multicast - Re: ssmping looking glass

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: ssmping looking glass

  • From: macbroadcast <>
  • To: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: ssmping looking glass
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:41:59 +0100

Am 06.01.2009 um 18:31 schrieb Stig Venaas:

macbroadcast wrote:
However, we do have some IPv6 multicast connectivity issues on the lg
server since Christmas, which we believe are related to some firewall
changes made.   This is under investigation.

Note anyone is free to download and run the lg on their systems; the
more that are available the better :)
hello tim and stig,
this was just a test from my home leopard server
i have a new debian vserver running since a few days and waiting for ipv6
connectivity. I will set up lg/ ssmping in the next weeks and tell you my results.
Are there any news regarding the webif for ssmping ? can´t find it here.

Actually, the looking glasses at http://www.multicast.org.uk/lg/ and
http://mi6.uninett.no/ssmping/ are web interfaces for ssmping. That is,
when you submit, you launch the ssmping (or asmping) client application,
and you get the output from that on the web page. The term "looking
glass" is a bit misleading.

I would welcome more such looking glasses. It's very simple to install.
It's also quite useful in that it can allow someone to see whether they
or some other multicast source can be receives by others.

thanks stig ok, i understand , i just remembered you were asking a while ago for voluteers
for "webif " , so guess its done allready ;)

so after i "make" ssmping/ lg ,  i just need to put the files in my cgi-bin directory

correct ?

thanks

Marc

The perhaps main thing that is missing is a gui interface on Windows.
Writing a Java front-end would probably not be so hard (it could just
launch the existing client) and would work on other platforms as well.
Of course a complete Java client implementation would be even nicer, but
more work and requiring Java SSM support.

Stig

http://viewcvs.mi6.uninett.no/viewcvs/trunk/?root=ssmping
thanks for your partizipation
marc
--- mini.stattfernsehen.com ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9003ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 64.299/65.695/67.784/1.317 ms, pipe 2

regards
Marc

--
Les Enfants Terribles - WWW.LET.DE