wg-multicast - Re: ssmping issues

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: ssmping issues

  • From: Christian MacNevin <>
  • To: Stig Venaas <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: ssmping issues
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:26:47 -0800

Hi Stig,

Somebody on the wg-multicast list mentioned that I had to pass the -4 flag to get it to work. I'm not used to thinking in ip6 terms,
so the [-46] bit of the command confused me i have to admit :S

Anyhow, it works now, but I'm still getting the following as it runs:

[rtv@lab26
~]$ ssmpingd -4
socket: Address family not supported by protocol
errno=97

This is the latest rpm i could find for RHEL4 something. I guess this is unfortunately only 0.81, so it might be beyond the scope you're
bothered with. Actually if you have any idea if anyone's planning to package 0.91, that'd be good to know, as mcfirst looks handy.

Thanks for the help, and obviously the application!

Christian