wg-multicast - Re: Multicast to Unicast conversion

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Multicast to Unicast conversion

  • From: Leonard Giuliano <>
  • To: Mark Brochu <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Multicast to Unicast conversion
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:58:17 -0700 (PDT)

Check out AMT:
http://cs.utdallas.edu/amt/

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Mark Brochu wrote:

-) Hello all,
-)
-) I'm fairly new to this list so I apologize if this has been covered in
-) an earlier thread. We are looking to establish a multicast peering with
-) our upstream ISP, and we have one application (OSTN) that a few users
-) are asking for. The users who want to view OSTN are located in an area
-) that we cannot route multicast to. Is there a recommended device/piece
-) of software that can convert the multicast stream to unicast? Or is the
-) only solution to extend multicast to their location? Any links would be
-) appreciated.
-)
-) Thanks,
-)