wg-multicast - Multicast to Unicast conversion

Subject: All things related to multicast

Multicast to Unicast conversion

  • From: "Mark Brochu" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Multicast to Unicast conversion
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:47:17 -0400

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to this list so I apologize if this has been covered in
an earlier thread. We are looking to establish a multicast peering with
our upstream ISP, and we have one application (OSTN) that a few users
are asking for. The users who want to view OSTN are located in an area
that we cannot route multicast to. Is there a recommended device/piece
of software that can convert the multicast stream to unicast? Or is the
only solution to extend multicast to their location? Any links would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Brochu
ITS, University of Hartford