wg-multicast - Re: Potential Multicast Audience

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Potential Multicast Audience

  • From: Bruce Curtis <>
  • To: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: Potential Multicast Audience
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:31:47 -0500

On May 8, 2008, at 7:20 PM, George Bray wrote:

I'm interested to know if anyone has seen figures on how many potential viewers there are connected to I2 multicast-enabled networks.

That is, what is the estimated number of people able to view a broadcast on wired PCs and via shared facilities like residential sites and common rooms.

thanks - George

--
George Bray, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.

On this page OSTN lists 60 million subscribers, however on some campuses OSTN can be viewed on the cable system in addition to Multicast computers. But there are potential multicast viewers at Universities who haven't joined OSTN yet also.

http://www.ostn.tv/OSTNWebsite/OSTNhome/Overview.html

---
Bruce Curtis

Certified NetAnalyst II 701-231-8527