wg-multicast - Re: multicast enabled internet

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: multicast enabled internet

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To: Venketesan <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: multicast enabled internet
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:40:00 -0400

Venkat,

You either need to be connected to Internet2 via a regional research
network operator, which I believe is Iwire where you are located. It
looks like from iwire.org you are ocnnected there, although when I
traceroute to iit.edu from here it goes via the commodity Internet.

Or, you get commodity Internet service from one of the multicast-enabled
ISPs listed and establish a multicast peering with them which involves
MBGP. MSDP and PIM.

See multicast.internet2.edu for resources.

/a