wg-multicast - Re: multicast and VRF on Juniper?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: multicast and VRF on Juniper?

  • From: Leonard Giuliano <>
  • To: Dave Diller <>
  • Cc: wg-multicast List <>
  • Subject: Re: multicast and VRF on Juniper?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

Dave,

Take a look at the following:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos84/feature-guide-84/id-11768027.html

This covers both the Rosen Solution and NG-MVPNs. There are a number of
Rosen deployments out there, so it should work fine. Let me know if you
have any problems.

Thanks,
Lenny

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Dave Diller wrote:

-) Does anyone have any practical experience with the functionality - or lack
-) thereof - of multicast inside an L3 VPN on Juniper? I'm running 8.2 on T
-) series right now.
-)
-) Docs indicate it is supported but I haven't gotten it to work yet and have
-) heard a very vague "doesn't work", so any experience "on the ground" would
be
-) appreciated.
-)
-) I'm going to look into the multicast distribution tree as in Ch17 of the
JPR
-) multicast docs, but I don't know yet if that will do it, as that seems more
-) akin to a pruning mechanism than basic functionality.
-)
-) -dd
-)