wg-multicast - multicast and VRF on Juniper?

Subject: All things related to multicast

multicast and VRF on Juniper?

  • From: Dave Diller <>
  • To: wg-multicast List <>
  • Subject: multicast and VRF on Juniper?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:33:52 -0400

Does anyone have any practical experience with the functionality - or lack thereof - of multicast inside an L3 VPN on Juniper? I'm running 8.2 on T series right now.

Docs indicate it is supported but I haven't gotten it to work yet and have heard a very vague "doesn't work", so any experience "on the ground" would be appreciated.

I'm going to look into the multicast distribution tree as in Ch17 of the JPR multicast docs, but I don't know yet if that will do it, as that seems more akin to a pruning mechanism than basic functionality.

-dd