wg-multicast - RE: SSMping and ASMping on FreeBSD 1.5

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: SSMping and ASMping on FreeBSD 1.5

  • From: "Carey, Michael" <>
  • To: 'Stig Venaas' <>
  • Cc: "''" <>
  • Subject: RE: SSMping and ASMping on FreeBSD 1.5
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:10:10 -0400

Yes, it appears that FreeBSD 1.5 isn't capable of supporting SSM.

I don't know the exact reason we are on FreeBSD 1.5, but I suspect for some
compatibility reasons. I believe there are plans to upgrade to RedHat Linux
so I will just have to wait a couple months before implementing.

Thanks,

Mike Carey
Information Technology Services
The Pennsylvania State University