wg-multicast - Re: SSMping and ASMping on FreeBSD 1.5

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: SSMping and ASMping on FreeBSD 1.5

  • From: Stig Venaas <>
  • To: "Carey, Michael" <>
  • Cc: "''" <>
  • Subject: Re: SSMping and ASMping on FreeBSD 1.5
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:49:02 +0200

Carey, Michael wrote:
Has anyone had success with running SSMping and ASMping on a FreeBSD1.5 machine? I've successfully loaded this on a RedHat Linux server, but cannot get it to work with FreeBSD 1.5.

As I don't currently have access to FreeBSD (although I might be able to
arrange something), I'm not aware myself of the issues. I would expect
at least asmping to work just fine (tested on NetBSD). ssmping requires
SSM support which you probably don't have (although I believe FreeBSD
can be patched to support it).

I would be interested in more details, I want it to work on FreeBSD
of course.

If anyone else using FreeBSD is able to help out, then please do,

Stig

Mike Carey

Information Technology Services
The Pennsylvania State University