wg-multicast - Beacon Server Hostname

Subject: All things related to multicast

Beacon Server Hostname

  • From: "Todd Chapman" <>
  • To: "wg-multicast List" <>
  • Subject: Beacon Server Hostname
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:07:54 -0700

All,

I have a second instance of beacon running on one of our servers. Each
instance of beacon is communicating on a separate ethernet interface.
The problem is, when the beacon instance starts, it grabs the hostname
using a couple of perl modules that appear to get the hostname from the
/etc/networks file. This hostname gets reported to the central server
which then does a reverse lookup to get the IP address. This results in
the wrong host info in the beacon matrix.

Does anyone know of a way to statically define the hostname in the
beacon config?

Thanks,
Todd Chapman