wg-multicast - Re: Linux as a multicast router?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Linux as a multicast router?

  • From: Dan Oachs <>
  • To: Greg Wickham <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Linux as a multicast router?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 09:05:29 -0600

I am able to watch any of our local iptv channels without any problems. Sometimes we have some artifacts in the video of the i2 streams but I think that is mainly due to i2 bandwidth issues and not multicast routing. Also the audio and video have always been in sync and so far all of the students who are testing it out for us have been very happy with it.

At the moment it looks like we are routing about 115Mbit/s through xorp and all of the multicast video looks and sounds perfect to me.

--Dan Oachs
Gustavus Adolphus College

Greg Wickham wrote:
Hi Dan,

Any jitter issues?

I'm curious as a lot us use multicast mainly for Access Grids (this side
of the puddle).

Thanks,

-Greg