wg-multicast - Re: Ballard expedition

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Ballard expedition

  • From: Dave Devereaux-Weber <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "Doros, Brian" <>, Laurence Kirchmeier <>,
  • Subject: Re: Ballard expedition
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:07:00 -0600

Amel,

How do you switch between PIDs?

Dave

Amel Caldwell wrote:
I can use VLC and switch between the programs.

Dave Devereaux-Weber wrote:
Ahhh, it gets even more interesting. It appears as if there are _two different_ streams at udp://233.56.12.2:5501. One is in a control room, and has 1000 Hz tone for audio; the other is a camera on the sub, with humans talking on the audio. If I repeatedly stop and start the VLC player, I get both different streams at different times.

Dave

Dave Devereaux-Weber wrote:
Is there any way to get audio? All I get is 1000 Hz tone.

Dave

Doros, Brian wrote:
Hey Laure,
Long time, hows life? Hope all is well
We have a expedition in the Gulf of Mexico right now looking at deep sea corals. We are currently multicasting the mission on* 233.56.12.2:5501* till the 9th
using a Navy Sub on this one NR-1 Cool!
It seems that things are working on the *NOX* and *MAX* but I have a NOAA site out on *PACIFIC/NORTHWEST*
that cant join. Are you seeing this on *MERIT*? Do you have a contact in the pac northwest I could talk to?
If you could tell me you are able to join that would be a big help
Thanks much
Best regards
Brian Doros
CTO,MAIFE