wg-multicast - Re: Another multicast test

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Another multicast test

  • From: Tim Chown <>
  • To: wg-multicast <>
  • Cc: David C Tarrant <>, Nicholas J Humfrey <>
  • Subject: Re: Another multicast test
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:33:21 +0100

Hi Frank,

I think the MPEG2 and MPEG4 SAP announcements may be muddled?

For what's labelled as MPEG4 I get a lower quality stream with sound.

For MPEG2 I get a higher quality with no sound.

Maybe the IPs and ports got switched accidentally? Or is it just me? :)

The video quality at MPEG4 is excellent though.

We'll try to run our RTP tools on the sources to see what actual losses
we see (as per http://www.multicast.org.uk/ under Tools, Net::RTP).

Tim

--
Tim/::1