wg-multicast - RE: Cisco IPv4 Multicast Issue

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Cisco IPv4 Multicast Issue

  • From: "Richard Mavrogeanes" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: Cisco IPv4 Multicast Issue
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:21:02 -0500

Excellent summary, Bill!

Indeed, the source in question is a VBrick. I can't access it, of
course, but I think I can find the owner. If the SAP is compressed,
then the source is likely MPEG4.

The SDP, especially for MPEG4, became too big (there is a LOT of stuff
required to be fully standards compliant for MPEG4) and we implemented
SDP compression (indeed, as the standards allow). I guess cisco does not
fully follow the standard?

I think we might be able to help out with a SAP decompress/decoder, but
I'm not entirely sure I understand how it would help the problem if the
trouble is in the router? Is there something we can do to help here?

Rich