wg-multicast - RE: Interdomain MSDP session from non RP

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Interdomain MSDP session from non RP

  • From: "Jan Novak (janovak)" <>
  • To: "Tantsura, Jeff" <>, <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: Interdomain MSDP session from non RP
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 11:32:23 +0100

Hi,

> in my opinion a border router or RR which runs eMBGP would
> run eMSDP just
> fine, as long as it has iMSDP session with RP.

You are indeed correct with this - I think all those
statements that MSDP peerings must be between RPs just
come from the beginning when everybody was confused yet.

As long as you make sure Sas from your own sources are injected
somewhere into MSDP, the rest of the MSDP infrastructure
can be on any non-RP router.

Jan