wg-multicast - Re: Proxy request to check a multicast video stream

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Proxy request to check a multicast video stream

  • From: Amel Caldwell <>
  • To: Bill Owens <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Proxy request to check a multicast video stream
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:25:15 -0700

I am seeing tiling and hearing some audio glitches as well.

It looks like there may be a firewall at Stonybrook. I have had problems where a "security" device that handles a large portion of our campus causing out-of-order packets. If they do have a firewall or something of that nature, I would want them to try to isolate the problem to that by having the source and receiver on the same side, then move the receiver to the other side and compare.

Amel

Bill Owens wrote:

Behzad Barzideh at Stony Brook University is getting ready to multicast a
symposium tomorrow:

http://ws.cc.stonybrook.edu/sb/humanevolution/

And he currently has a test signal running on 233.22.87.100 1234, viewable with your favorite MPEG2 tool. Unfortunately I am seeing some video and audio problems with the stream so we wanted to ask for someone outside NYSERNet to have a look. . .
Thanks,
Bill.