wg-multicast - Multicast Cookbook talk at SLC

Subject: All things related to multicast

Multicast Cookbook talk at SLC

  • From: Bob Riddle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Multicast Cookbook talk at SLC
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:58:04 -0500

Now that I've been reminded that I volunteered to give a "multicast Cookbook" talk at Salt Lake City, I'd like to (again!) solicit any information you have (web pages, email notes, etc.) that I might use to construct the first draft of such a cookbook. Of course, I'll be sending you the URL & trust you to catch my lies & correct my misconceptions.

My intial notion is to do something like this:

Overview - what is it & why should I care
Tools - both for network savvy folks and network goobers
Vendor - tips for specific vendor platforms (routers, switches, etc.)
FAQ - cause every cookbook needs one.

thoughts? Please send me anything that I can include (and attribute!)

thanks

--
Bob Riddle
()

"Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 people"