wg-multicast - Re: Multicast Cookbook talk at SLC

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Multicast Cookbook talk at SLC

  • From: Brent Sweeny <>
  • To: Bob Riddle <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Multicast Cookbook talk at SLC
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:37:20 -0500

Bob, what exactly do you mean by such a 'cookbook'? is it how to configure
mcast on a router, or how to use it as an end-user, or how to write apps for
it, or how to troubleshoot it on your enterprise network, or something else?

there's (at least) one document that calls itself a multicast cookbook
already (of the first type above, specifically how does one configure
their edge router to mcast-peer with Abilene) on the Abilene website, at
http://www.abilene.iu.edu/mccook.html.

--
Brent Sweeny

812 / 855-5391
Indiana University Information Technology/Abilene Network Operations
PGP fingerprint = 0F 6B 7E 1D 3A AD F3 01 63 1E 2B B3 1E B1 FA 7F