wg-multicast - Re: Inter-domain IPv6 multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Inter-domain IPv6 multicast

  • From: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>
  • To: Brent Sweeny <>
  • Cc: Bill Owens <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: Inter-domain IPv6 multicast
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:20:06 -0700 (PDT)

Personally, a good starting place for v6 multicast is SSM. Lots of
people will come down on either side of arguing whether "only" should
come after SSM.

At this point, I think vendors can put together a roadmap for v6 SSM.
In some cases, several of the router vendors already support everything
a core router needs.

The stumper is again switch support for snooping MLDv2 and of course
host support.

-Kevin