wg-multicast - Re: SSM deployment statistics

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: SSM deployment statistics

  • From: "Marshall Eubanks" <>
  • To: Alan Crosswell <>, "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>
  • Cc: , Hitoshi Asaeda <>, , ,
  • Subject: Re: SSM deployment statistics
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:55:53 -0400

Hello;

The only sources I know of are
at U Oregon. There are probably others.

(Of course, all you have to do is go to the source web page ! That's what I
am always
told every time I advocate a push channel for SSM sources. A brief google
search does
not find any, alas.)

I do, however, have a suggestion for _measuring_ SSM use. Let's ask Stanislav
Shalunov to add it the weekly netflows reports

http://netflow.internet2.edu/weekly/

It already keeps track of the number of multicast packets; all he has to do
is add a separate catagory for multicasts in the 232/8 address range.

By starting now, when SSM usage is still pretty small, we can at least keep
track of SSM usage on the I2.

Marshall

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:07:25 -0400
Alan Crosswell