wg-multicast - Re: SSM deployment statistics

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: SSM deployment statistics

  • From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , ,
  • Subject: Re: SSM deployment statistics
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:49:07 +0200 (MEST)

> >>How about just collecting the number of multicast channels (via SAP
> >>message?) and measuring the amount of the data whose destination
>
> Via SAP? Ugh! This would not be a good representation of the number
> of SSM channels.

I know, I know. Moreover, SAP cannot work for SSM-only networks.
The reason why I said SAP here is unfortunately *sufficient/efficient*
session/channel announcement protocol/system has not deployed yet at
this moment.
Studying about it is one of my current work. While I sent a mail to
mboned wg ml on 04/07, it also helps several SSM's problems.

Anyway, thanks for the attention, and I hope we'll get interesting
thoughts later.
--
Hitoshi Asaeda