wg-multicast - Re: The Black Sea Project

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: The Black Sea Project

  • From: "Marshall Eubanks" <>
  • To: "Richard Mavrogeanes" <>
  • Cc: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: The Black Sea Project
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:37:46 -0400

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:59:47 -0400
"Richard Mavrogeanes"
> Folks,

This is starting to get some press :

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_medical/story.jsp?story=426749

Explorer who discovered the 'Titanic' sets out to prove that Noah's flood
formed
Black Sea

By David Usborne

The Bible tells us how the Great Flood happened, compelling Noah to herd all
of
animal life into his Ark.

The skies opened and it rained incessantly, in fact for 40 days and 40 nights.
But some scientists have another theory altogether and this week an expedition
will leave for the Black Sea to try to prove it.

<snip>

Indeed, the $5m (£3.1m), two-week expedition, which begins from the Turkish
Black Sea port of Sinop on Sunday, has been set up to garner maximum worldwide
attention.

Its progress will be watched live by academics, archaeologists and even
schoolchildren around the globe, thanks to a satellite link from the
expedition's ship to a nerve-centre at the University of Rhode Island in the
United States.

<snip>

Regards
Marshall