wg-multicast - CSPAN and CSPAN2 multicasts

Subject: All things related to multicast

CSPAN and CSPAN2 multicasts

  • From: Tim Ward <>
  • To:
  • Subject: CSPAN and CSPAN2 multicasts
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:48:23 -0500

Hi all,

I wanted to call your attention, in case you hadn't seen it, to the
following:

http://www.it.northwestern.edu/news/archive/may03/cspan.pdf

(The general I2 announcement will be made sometime today too!)

As many of you may already know, we are coming to the end of our first
academic year delivering entertainment television (20 channels) as
MPEG2 IP Multicasts to our students in our residence halls. It's been
a very successful project thus far.

Now we are annoucing the change of the Northwestern CSPAN I2 multicasts
to a similar thin-client based technology model. The web site for further
info and to view the multicasts is:

http://www.i2-multicast.northwestern.edu

If you have any questions about the CSPAN multicasts, feel free to drop
me a line. There is also a general feedback email address at:

We intend to keep the CSPAN and CSPAN2 channels up on an ongoing basis.

Lucy, you can modify the web page from iCAIR currently on the calendar
page to the http://www.i2-multicast.northwestern.edu URL.

Tim
--
Tim Ward

V 847-467-1449
Associate Director G172 Leverone Hall F 847-467-5690
Telecommunications and Network Services Information Technology
2001 Sheridan Rd Evanston IL 60208-2030 Northwestern University

  • CSPAN and CSPAN2 multicasts, Tim Ward, 05/19/2003