wg-multicast - Problems with an announcement from Dartmouth?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Problems with an announcement from Dartmouth?

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Problems with an announcement from Dartmouth?
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 13:56:22 -0400

Within the last couple of hours my local copy of nsdr began crashing with the following error:

adelie {owens}% nsdr
mash: _o19 recv_announcement 129.170.19.21 32768 { u=www.dartmouth.edu
t=3247691400 3250117800
a=type:test
m=audio 1234 udp 14
c=IN IP4 233.42.3.100/15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
} 204: can't read "msg": no such variable
while executing
"$msg set uri_ $value"
("u" arm line 2)
invoked from within
"switch $tag {
v {
set media ""
set msg [new SDPMessage]
lappend allmsgs $msg
$msg set version_ $value
}
o {
if {![info exists msg..."
(procedure "_o18" line 25)
(SDPParser parse line 25)
invoked from within
"$sdp_ parse $data"
(procedure "_o16" line 4)
(ProgramSource process line 4)
invoked from within
"$self process [string trim $data]"
(procedure "_o16" line 2)
(Object next line 2)
invoked from within
"$self next $data"
(procedure "_o16" line 4)
(ProgramSource/SAP recv line 4)
invoked from within
"_o16 recv _o19 129.170.19.21 32768 { u=www.dartmouth.edu
t=3247691400 3250117800
a=type:test
m=audi..."
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval $s_ recv $self $args"
(procedure "_o19" line 3)
(AnnounceListenManager/SAP/Nsdr recv_announcement line 3)
invoked from within
"_o19 recv_announcement 129.170.19.21 32768 { u=www.dartmouth.edu
t=3247691400 3250117800
a=type:test
..."

It looks like there's an announcement coming from Dartmouth that is giving nsdr fits. My guess is that it isn't syntactically correct, because my other SDP-aware apps are not showing it (MacTV, old-style sdr, Juniper session monitor). Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Bill.