wg-multicast - Re: Problems with an announcement from Dartmouth?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Problems with an announcement from Dartmouth?

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Problems with an announcement from Dartmouth?
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:23:26 -0400

At 14:32 -0400 5/14/03, Jeff Fitzwater wrote:
Bill Owens wrote:
> >It looks like there's an announcement coming from Dartmouth that is
> >giving nsdr fits.

Seeing the same problem here at Princeton U. but the WINDOWS SDR stays
up and continues to spew out the error. I have to kill the app. to
free things up.

All is quiet now - I received a call back from Dartmouth and after a little poking around they found that their VideoLAN "mini-SAP-server" had apparently gone a bit nutty. If there's anyone out there who has used VideoLAN to do multicast streaming, there are a couple of people at Dartmouth who'd like to talk to you. They've apparently been fighting with it, and today it got the upper hand ;)

By the way, one of the Open Mash developers actually patched nsdr to fix the crash within an hour of my sending the note out. Amazing what this community can do!

Bill.