wg-multicast - list WG-MULTICAST: List Message Rejected (fwd)

Subject: All things related to multicast

list WG-MULTICAST: List Message Rejected (fwd)

  • From: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: list WG-MULTICAST: List Message Rejected (fwd)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:38:51 -0800 (PST)

Subject: Multicast problems at the NYSC Router?
From: David Mitchell

Greetings,

I'm not sure this is the best place for this, but I thought I
would throw it out here. One of our users is reporting problems with
multicast traffic from dartmouth.edu -> ucar.edu. I took a look at the
Access Grid Beacon, and quite a few sites seem to have similar patterns
of loss sending to some sites (agaudio.bu.edu, krypton.dartmouth.edu,
tesla.psc.edu, noc1.wpi.edu and others). The common link showing up in
traceroutes to all of them is the nycmng Abilene node. Does anyone know
of any problems that might be going on there? And what's the best way to
make NOC folks aware of things like this? I don't know that I should
open a ticket directly since the problem doesn't appear to be with our
circuit or local router. It's just something I noticed and thought
should be looked into. Thanks in advance for any advice,

-David Mitchell

| David Mitchell
()
Network Engineer IV |
| Tel: (303) 497-1845 National Center for |
| FAX: (303) 497-1818 Atmospheric Research |