wg-multicast - Question on SAP advertisements from VBrick

Subject: All things related to multicast

Question on SAP advertisements from VBrick

  • From: Mark Boolootian <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Question on SAP advertisements from VBrick
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:39:02 -0700

Folks,

I have a bit of a multicast problem and could use some advice.

I've got a project involving a VBrick 4300 that will eventually multicast
MPEG-2 video from an ROV crawling around the floor of the Monterey Bay,
assuming the microwave shot across the Monterey Bay works.

Currently, the VBrick is sourcing video to 233.22.107.1 and issuing SAP
announcements. Routers listening for sdr (session name is "UCSC Test")
can see the session, but the announcement doesn't show up in the sdr
application. I also could not see the announcement using an iptv client.
I had hoped to use the iptv client to look at the VBrick stream, but as far
as I can tell, iptv will only let me fire up sessions it learns from content
managers. I can't tell iptv to look at a particular group/port.

Why aren't the SAP announcements from the VBrick showing up in
sdr or the IP/TV content manager iptvhost.uoregon.edu? Are there
nuances to the SAP configuration on the VBrick that might be responsible
for this?

thanks,
mb
---