wg-multicast - Re: Windows XP and multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Windows XP and multicast

  • From: Toerless Eckert <>
  • To: Alan Crosswell <>
  • Cc: Hans Kuhn <>,
  • Subject: Re: Windows XP and multicast
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:28:29 -0700

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 02:58:02PM -0400, Alan Crosswell wrote:
> If you tell me how to get IPTV 3.4beta I'll tell you how well multicast
> works on my XP system:-)

The beta is closed, the final release should be out fairly soon on CCO.

> IPTV 3.2 crashes with some MFC error for a variety of codecs. It does work
> correctly for MPEG-1/2.

IP/TV 3.2 was written way before XP, and unfortunately, microsoft introduced
a few incompatibilities with their older windows version, especially
on the codec side ;-(

> I tried to get the beta from Cisco and they ignored my request. This was
> after opening a TAC case for IPTV viewer crashing under XP.

Whom did you send your request to ? The beta was unfortunately very limited
due to time and ressource constraints. I think the problem you reported in
AC585597 is the same that i filed CSCdw26345 against last year. At least
for H.261 this is fixed in 3.4 for XP now. What other codecs did you see
this problem for also ?

Cheers
Toerless