wg-multicast - Re: frequent MSDP resets? cisco-juniper interaction???

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: frequent MSDP resets? cisco-juniper interaction???

  • From: Erick Sizelove <>
  • To: Mike McBride <>
  • Cc: Brent Sweeny <>, Tom Pusateri <>, Greg Shepherd <>, Bill Owens <>,
  • Subject: Re: frequent MSDP resets? cisco-juniper interaction???
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:06:50 -0700

No, so far I haven't been able to get a response from them (UC Davis) on this. I'll try again.

--Erick

--
Erick Sizelove
4Cnet/CalREN2 Network Support

Mike McBride wrote:

Did the source of the SAs ever come back with the cause for the bad data
lengths from the originating RP, that cisco apparently then forwarded to
Juniper who then reset the connection? In IOS, we trust the length in
the MSDP header and forward the SA without resetting the session. Perhaps
the best way to handle such packets is to drop the SA without resetting
the session.

mike