wg-multicast - Re: request for signalreport

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: request for signalreport

  • From: "Marshall Eubanks" <>
  • To: Richard Mavrogeanes <>, 'Alan Crosswell' <>
  • Cc: Marshall Eubanks <>, Philip Pishioneri <>,
  • Subject: Re: request for signalreport
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:32:47 -0500

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:05:40 -0500
Richard Mavrogeanes
> The VBrick streams UDP/IP system streams, and also (at
> the same time if
> desired) RTP streams in the cisco format. Most people
> use UDP/IP. The
> UDP/IP System Stream does not appear in the cisco
> product...the so-called
> content manger, because that server only supports cisco
> format. MPEG-1
> System streams are not proprietary, and there is a free
> player available.
>
> rich

Hi Rich;

It is not a Cisco format. It is part of the Internet
protocol, RFC 2250

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2250.txt

It was not developed by Cisco, and is supported by many
major players such as RealOne and Apple Quicktime.

I would be glad to help you get your system format into the
Internet protocol, although it will be tough going if it is
not carried by RTP.

Regards
Marshall