wg-multicast - IGMPv3 attempts

Subject: All things related to multicast

IGMPv3 attempts

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To:
  • Subject: IGMPv3 attempts
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:49:09 EST

So I am trying to get IPTV 3.2 to do SSM like it seems to claim it does.
Cisco TAC says in order for it to work, I have to be using Win2K. In fact,
I tried WinXP for the content manager and it fails to hear SDR announcements
but that's a different story....

So, I think I have things set up such that SSM should work, but it doesn't.
Is there something I am missing? Like maybe there really isn't IGMPv3 support
in Win2K. I found a presentation Bill Nickless did that says the IGMPv3
support for Win2K are available as experimental drivers but I have been
unable to find them....

Thanks.
/a