wg-multicast - Re: IGMPv3 attempts

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: IGMPv3 attempts

  • From: Hans Kuhn <>
  • To: Alan Crosswell <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: IGMPv3 attempts
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:35:10 -0800 (PST)

Alan,

Hi. IPTV 3.2 does indeed support SSM. I have used it with
our SSM sources back when we had a network that supported
SSM (that's another story...). I used win98 and win2k with
success, but you ened another piece to get it to
work. Download the Talarian IGMP-v3lite shim if you are not
using Windows XP. Windows XP is supposed to support IGMPv3
natively, but I have not sent Bill G. his check lately, so I
don't have a Windows XP box to test this on.

Thanks to Lucy who put up a web page documenting our early
efforts (http://www.uoregon.edu/~llynch/ssm-decoder.html) I
found the URL for the IGMPv3-lite daemon for
Windoze. Download it from:

http://www.talarian.com/products/multicastlite/index.shtml

Let me know if you have other questions and I'll try to
help. Some day I hope to pin up some SSM sources again if I
can ever recover from the trauma of our building remodel.

Hans

--
Hans Kuhn, Academic User Services office (541) 346-1714
University of Oregon, 237 CC fax (541) 346-4397

Key fingerprint = 1E BC 32 03 AC E9 82 6C 44 4A CD 63 BB 2D 51 89