wg-multicast - Re: Havards message

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Havards message

  • From: Havard Eidnes <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , ,
  • Subject: Re: Havards message
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:21:33 +0200

> 1.) We are also involved with multicast monitoring and would be
> glad to work with you in resolving problems. We can mtrace
> to your through Sprint, etc.

Thanks, I think I'll take you up on that offer.

> 3.) I would separate the operators of the beacon (who may or
> may not have anything to do with the network the beacon is
> operating on) from the network & NOC engineers (who do). In
> other words, I do NOT think that a e-mail address for a beacon
> site should be required or trusted.

Right. But it's more likely that the party running the beacon
knows who to get in touch with to debug multicast related routing
issues than me at this end guessing it more or less out of thin
air.

> 4.) See http://beaconserver.accessgrid.org:9999/host for IP addresses.
> I use MBGP to see how the multicast connectivity should go.

Hm, a number few of them report 127.0.0.1 as their IP address
(though that didn't apply to the SprintLink hosts).

> 6.) I do not see a beacon from nordu.net, so I cannot see whether
> we have connectivity with you or not.

Sorry, it's
,
which is going to be renamed
into something under uninett.no in the near future.

Regards,

- HÃ¥vard