wg-multicast - Re: Havards message

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Havards message

  • From: Robert Olson <>
  • To: , "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>, Havard Eidnes <>, Bill Nickless <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Havards message
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 07:10:31 -0500

At 11:02 PM 5/29/2001 -0400, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
3.) I would separate the operators of the beacon (who may or may not
have anything to do with the network the beacon is operating on) from the
network & NOC engineers (who do). In other words, I do NOT think that
a e-mail address for a beacon site should be required or trusted.

Though it might be useful to allow a user to register a contact address to go along wiht the beacon; however the person running the beacon may well not know that address...