wg-multicast - Re: Havards message

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Havards message

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>, Havard Eidnes <>, Bill Nickless <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Havards message
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 23:02:03 -0400

Dear Harvard;

1.) We are also involved with multicast monitoring and would be
glad to work with you in resolving problems. We can mtrace
to your through Sprint, etc.

2.) My multicast contact at Sprint is Jeff Loughridge
<>;

but queries should also be sent
,
a mailbox for
questions or issues about multicast on Sprint's network.

3.) I would separate the operators of the beacon (who may or may not
have anything to do with the network the beacon is operating on) from the
network & NOC engineers (who do). In other words, I do NOT think that
a e-mail address for a beacon site should be required or trusted.

4.) See http://beaconserver.accessgrid.org:9999/host for IP addresses.
I use MBGP to see how the multicast connectivity should go.

5.) I think that most connectivity troubles are due to MSDP back-holes.
By comparison, MBGP appears pretty stable. I have been working on
the inverse problem (taking msdp logs from several sites, and finding
out where the blackholes are), and am convinced that this can be done
given sufficient numbers of logs.

6.) I do not see a beacon from nordu.net, so I cannot see whether
we have connectivity with you or not.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

Multicast Technologies, Inc.
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624 Fax : 703-293-9609
e-mail :

http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
Check the status of multicast in real time :
http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html