wg-multicast - Re: re-forward

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: re-forward

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>, Havard Eidnes <>, tech team <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: re-forward
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:22:59 -0400

"Kevin C. Almeroth" wrote:

> >>Subject: Post-processed beacon status pages
> >>From: Havard Eidnes
> >><>
> >>
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>if you are like me, you find the HTML pages received from
> >>
> >> http://beaconserver.accessgrid.org:9999/
> >>
> >>to be a bit difficult to interpret and handle, now that there are
> >>some 80+ beacons particpating. So, in a hope to make it a bit
> >>easier to work with the useful data which is being collected by
> >>that server, I have set up a system which transforms the above
> >>data into a set of pages which is hopefully easier to work with.
> >>
> >>The top-level page (which is regenerated every 10 minutes
> >>together with the rest) can be found on
> >>
> >> http://www.nordu.net/connectivity/multicast/beacon/rank.html
> >>
> >>Yes, this only processes the default "loss" status page from the
> >>accessgrid beacon web server.
> >>

> >>Hope you find this useful.
> >>
> >>Best regards,
> >>
> >>- HÃ¥vard

Is this code available ?

What is really needed is loss versus time, as I have done for receiver reports
from time to time. Periodic packet loss seems to be very prevalent in the
Internet :

--
Regards
Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624 Fax : 703-293-9609
e-mail :

http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
Check the status of multicast in real time :
http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html

  • re-forward, Kevin C. Almeroth, 05/21/2001
    • Re: re-forward, Robert Olson, 05/21/2001
    • Re: re-forward, Marshall Eubanks, 05/21/2001