wg-multicast - Re: re-forward

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: re-forward

  • From: Robert Olson <>
  • To: (Kevin C. Almeroth),
  • Subject: Re: re-forward
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:50:08 -0500

Cool. I'd also point you to this page:

http://water.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/beacon-php/beacon.php

which allows you to select a subset of beacons to view.

This works by my having added a hack into the beacon server that writes a text-format dump of the server state once per minute. You can find this at

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~beacon/table.out

For the folks wanting to do archiving of beacon data, this should provide a means for getting the raw data. The format should be pretty self-explanatory; the tuples of data at the cross points are loss rate / delay / jitter/ out of order/ duplicates. The tuple is preceded with an "S" if the entry is stale (grey cell).

If you run an AG node and are not listed in the list of nodes, send me a note with your beacon name and I'll add you.

This interface currently only shows the loss rates. Anyone who's interested in adding more support, the code is at

ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/AG/beacon-php-2001-0410-0.tar.gz

--bob

At 12:44 PM 5/21/2001 -0700, Kevin C. Almeroth wrote:

>>Subject: Post-processed beacon status pages
>>From: Havard Eidnes
<>

>>Hi,
>>
>>if you are like me, you find the HTML pages received from
>>
>> http://beaconserver.accessgrid.org:9999/
>>
>>to be a bit difficult to interpret and handle, now that there are
>>some 80+ beacons particpating. So, in a hope to make it a bit
>>easier to work with the useful data which is being collected by
>>that server, I have set up a system which transforms the above
>>data into a set of pages which is hopefully easier to work with.
>>
>>The top-level page (which is regenerated every 10 minutes
>>together with the rest) can be found on
>>
>> http://www.nordu.net/connectivity/multicast/beacon/rank.html
>>
>>Yes, this only processes the default "loss" status page from the
>>accessgrid beacon web server.
>>
>>Hope you find this useful.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>- HÃ¥vard

  • re-forward, Kevin C. Almeroth, 05/21/2001
    • Re: re-forward, Robert Olson, 05/21/2001
    • Re: re-forward, Marshall Eubanks, 05/21/2001